The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen

It interested me because it was relate to the Holiday Sections.
The plot of the story was about a girl who needed sell matches for her family but since one winter day she couldn't sell any match she was ashamed to go back to her house without any money, so she decided to stay in a nearby house's steps. She debates whether or not to light a match to warm herself up and at the end she does. She gets lost in her thought and sees her grandmother's reflection through the match's flames and after she finishes the box of matches she describes her grandmother taking her away to a better place. People walk by and talk say that the poor girl fell asleep in the house's steps but truly they don't know that she died of cold and sadness.
The theme of the story can be not to get caught up in your sadness because it won't solve anything and you might suffer even more.
After finishing reading the story it made me fell bad for the girl and sad because it made me think about my personal life and how sometimes I get so caught up with negative thought and bad circumstances in my life that I we are not really thinking about what's happening at the moment or the good things. Sometimes we don't actually die physically but we do mentally when we stop focusing on the present and we focus only on the past.
I will actually recommend this story because it shows how so many people can be depressed or have issues going on and feel alone. However the people around you would assume that you're okay and won't help you. This make inspire me to help other people not only if they need help but when there doing fine also to really show my friendship, and by recommend to people I hope they find the same interest on helping people out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fahrenheit 451 Essay

Fahrenheit 451 Questions